Watkins Incorporated has announced that it will offer free shipping on all customer orders over $50 in total sales beginning February 16, 2009 and ending on March 1, 2009. If you’ve been holding back on ordering your favorite Watkins products, now is the time to buy them and have them delivered to your doorsteps with zero shipping charges.
- 2 sticks of margarine
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 3 cups of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of Watkins double-strength vanilla
- 1/2 cup of Watkins baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. of Watkins baking powder
- 3 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped
Cream the margarine, shortening and sugar. Add eggs to the mixture one at a time, beating well after each egg. Starting with one of the remaining liquid ingredients, add one liquid followed by one dry ingredient to your creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition round of a liquid and dry ingredient. Continue doing this until you end with the final liquid ingredient. Next, grease and flour a tube pan. Add your batter to the pan. Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top of the batterr and gently press the nuts into the batter. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 325 degrees F.
The U.S. lost 598,000 jobs in January, placing the national unemployment rate at 7.6%. Canada lost 129,000 jobs in January, its largest monthly job loss ever, placing its national unemployment rate at 7.2%. One doesn’t have to pick up a newspaper or turn on the nightly news any longer to realize that these are desperate times.
My mother has always said that “desperate times call for desperate measures.” This means cutting back on discretionary spending, and “hunkering down” as my father likes to call it. Although I agree that discretionary spending has to be curtailed if you’ve lost your job, it is not a time to hunker down and do nothing. For you want to concentrate on three areas or goals. The first two you will probably guess outright, (1) Cut your costs, and (2) Try to find income quickly. The third item is, (3) Put a plan in place where you never find yourself in this situation again. In otherwords, take control of yur life, don’t rely on “big brother” (i.e., your employer) or the government to take care of you.
In the U.S. and Canada we are very fortunate to have a company that has seen it all during its 141-year old history. It was one of only a handful of companies that grew during the Great Depression, increases sales and adding new jobs. The company I speak of is Watkins Incorporated. And Watkins is still offering the same opportunity and hope today that it did during the Great Depression — namely, the opportunity to start a home based business of your own at very little cost. And by becoming a Watkins associate you have an immediate means to (1) Cut cost by purchasing many of the products you need to get by daily whether you’re employed or not, at a 25% discount, (2) To start earning money right away by selling Watkins products to others, and (3) Build a home-based business over time that can replace the full-time income you were accustomed to before losing your job.
The beauty of owning a Watkins business is that it can be run part-time. So if you’re fortunate and you find a new full-time job, continue running your Watkins business part-time several hours per week and before long (e.g., 3 to 7 years) you’ll be earning a full-time income from your Watkins business. Thus, Watkins becomes your long-term insurance policy, where you’ll never be placed in this predicament again.
Now, if you don’t get a full-time job soon, you can always run your Watkins business full-time. I can show you several ways to start making several hundred dollars per month quickly with Watkins. If you run your Watkins business as a full-time business rather than as a part-time venture, you’ll build your income even quicker. But we always recommend taking the full-time job when and if it comes along, and running your Watkins business part-time until your income from Watkins reaches a level sufficient to meet your family’s needs.
My recommendation: If you’re 18 or older and live in Canada or the U.S., don’t wait another minute. Go immediately to http://www.123HomeIncome.com and read our free online ebook about the Watkins business opportunity now. The total cost for becoming a Watkins associate is no more than a meal for two at a nice restaurant. Like all 350 Watkins products, the Watkins Startup Kit come with a money back guarantee. So, if for any reason you join Watkins and are not satisfied, you can get your money back. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Go to http://www.123HomeIncome.com now!
Win over the special valentine in your life with Watkins Valentine Sandwich Cookies. Our easy-to-follow instructions are provided below:
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon Watkins double-strength clear vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon Watkins almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cup of butter with 1 1/2 cups of confectioners’ sugar. Next, beat in the egg along with Watkins double-strenght vanilla and Watkins almond extract. Mix this well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Blend this into the butter mixture and divide the resultig dough into thirds, then shape into balls.
- Working with 1/3 of dough at a time, roll out the dough into your desired thickness on a lightly floured surface. For each heart sandwich cookie, cut out two 3-inch hearts. Cut out the center of ONE of the 3-inch hearts with a 1 1/2-inch cutter.
- Place each piece separately on an ungreased cookie sheet, 1 to 2 inches apart. Next, bake the cookies in a preheated, 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven until lightly browned (7-8 minutes for 1/4 inch thick cookies).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Frost the bottom cookie with Pink Valentine Frosting and place an open centered cookie on top to form the sandwich. Also frost the small 1 1/2 inch hearts and serve as separate cookies.
- The recipe makes seventeen 3″ valentine cookies and seventeen smaller 1 1/2″ valentine shaped cookies. The pink frosting mix recipe follows below:
Pink Frosting Recipe:
1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Watktins double-strength clear vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
2 drops red food coloring
- Blend sugar, salt and flavoring. Add just enough water to make the frosting easy to spread. Add 2 drops red food coloring and mix well.
- Frost the cookies with this mixture