- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Watkins cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Watkins double-strength vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1/3 cup dried apricots (2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios (1 1/2 ounces; not dyed red), coarsely chopped
Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2 baking sheets.
Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy, then beat in Watkins vanilla. Add egg and beat until combined well. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and Watkins cinnamon in a small bowl, then add to dough and mix at low speed until just combined. Fold in oats, apricots, and pistachios.
Spoon rounded tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer cookies with a spatula to racks. (Cookies will crisp as they cool.)
Several excellent magazines have featured Watkins products in their monthly publications recently. Body + Soul magazine featured J.R. Watkins Apothecary’s Natural Lemon Cream Body Cream in their “Stuff We Love: Less than $10″ section, publishing it in both their magazine and on their website at WholeLiving.com. Body + Soul had this to say about Watkins Natural Lemon Cream Body Cream — “Smooth and indulgent treat unto thirsty skin and soak up the benefits of more than 10 natural oils and extracts — apricot, avocado, babassu, and more.”
Canadian Living and Family Circle magazines had wonderful things to say about J.R.Watkins Natural Apothecary Peppermint Rejuvenating Foot Cream. In fact, Family Circle has featured the Peppermint Rejuvenating Foot Cream in two recent publications.
Family Circle’s Associate Editor, Laura Serino, recently had rave reviews for J.R. Watkins Aloe & Green Tea Natural All-Purpose Wipes, saying . . . “There’s no cleaner I haven’t tried, but these aloe-and-green-tea infused wipes are my hands-down favorite.”
If you live in the New York area and interested in going green, make sure you check out the J.R. Watkins products exhibit at this weeks Go Green Expo in New York City. Watkins will be there, featuring two of its product lines — the J.R. Watkins Natural Home Care line and the J.R. Watkins Natural Apothecary Personal Care line.
The Go Green Expo will take place from Friday, April 17 through Sunday, April 19, 2009 at The Hilton New York, at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. So, if you live in New York or New Jersey, and want to see J.R. Watkins products up close and personal, two of its natural product lines will be on display at the Watkins products exhibit at the Go Green Expo.
Watkins Incorporated is 141 years old this year. Almost since the beginning our nation’s oldest manufacturer of remedies and products for the home, family and personal care products has sold products through a network of dealers (now called consultants or associates). These days Watkins offers income from three sources: personal sales, bonuses from sales of others you’ve sponsored and they’ve sponsored, and special bonuses from sponsoring new associates.
In my first 12 months with Watkins I quickly moved through 4 levels of promotion to the level of Manager. I now have 31 associates in my downline and over 100 customers. I’ve never met any of my associates or any of my customers face-to-face. You may find that hard to believe, but my career as a business consultant is very demanding and takes up 60 to 70 hours per week of my time. Thus, what might be more surprising is the fact that I have build my Watkins sales organization and risen to the Manager level solely through online marketing, which was a specialty of mine before joining Watkins.
What are some of my secrets? The secrets that most people don’t know are things I do to gain exposure online and funnel traffic to my WatkinsOnline.com website or to my Watkins associate recruiting website. Secrets that most people already know, but don’t practice are the same reasons most people are not successful in any business venture they try. The traits that I exhibit, and habits I try to practice, that have been very important in building a successful Watkins home-based business, are as follows:
- I treat my business as if it were a franchise that cost me a million dollars. By that, I mean I do something proactive for my business daily, even if its only 10 minutes a day. Since it only costs $39.95 to become a Watkins associate, some people join but don’t feel motivated to succeed. I point out to them that Watkins gives you an imaginary car that can take you down the road to success, but neither Watkins nor me will drive the car down the road to financial freedom for you. You will have to lift a finger, you will have to set aside time in your schedule to do something proactive for your business every day. To me, that’s a no-brainer, but too many people these days want things for free. Everyone’s looking for a get rich quick scheme. These are the people that go through life spending hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars on one moneymaking plan after another, never comprehending that the person selling the plan is really making all of their money selling the plan, not executing the plan.
- I try to follow up every inquiry I receive about Watkins promptly.
- I regularly communicate with associates in my downline.
- I try to answer all questions from associates as quickly as possible.
- I take pride in developing close relationships with the associates in my downline.
- I follow the “Golden Rule” in everything I do in and out of business.
If you would like to learn more about how I’ve been able to build my Watkins business so quickly, please download my free ebook, Work From Home Goldmine, today.