To succeed in network marketing it is essential that you enjoy meeting and communicating with people. Why? Because you’ll need to do both to sell products and sponsor new associates. To build a downline it is essential that you can lead by example, meaning “practice what you preach.”
To make a lot of money in network marketing it is essential that you recruit and sponsor new associates regularly, and train others how to do the same. This is true regardless which network marketing organization you might join or belong to at this time. All successful network marketers make the bulk of their income from commissions or bonuses on downline sales, not from personal sales. This does not imply that you don’t have to sell product yourself, for if you can’t sell product, you likely won’t be able to teach others how to sell product. Instead, my statement simply means that the “power is in the numbers.” If you continously focus on building your downline sales organization, it only stands to reason that the day will come when your income from your downline will exceed any income derived from personal sales.
But how does one build a downline continously? Like sales and recruiting in any line of business their are multiple paths that lead an individual to success and stardom. But there are common traits and attributes shared by all who reach success in network marketing. I’ve listed below some I feel are most important:
- Always be honest with your downline, never lead them astray or feed them a line of bull.
- Provide prompt and courteous service and support at all times.
- See that all downline members are properly educated and trained.
- Welcome their questions, phone calls, emails and comments. A quite downline is a downline that will ultimately disintegrate and collapse.
- Communicate with your downline regularly.
- Be innovative and create new learning, sales and marketing tools for your downline.
- Your relation with your downline is like a partnership, treat it like one.
- Follow the golden rule with your downline members at all times.
- Focus first and foremost on supporting those members that are actively building their business and/or seeking advice.
- Give every downline member ample chance to succeed by training them well. But if they later prove to be couch potatoes and not willing to put forth an effort, pull back and spend more time with those that hold promise and exhibit a desire to succeed.
Network marketers can be split up into four groups of people: (1) those that love to sell product, (2) those that love to recruit and sponsor new associates, (3) those that enjoy direct sales and recruiting, and (4) those that don’t enjoy selling or sponsoring (what many call retailing and recruiting). Obviously, the group of the four will not succeed in network marketing. Thus, spend your spare support time in training members in Groups 1 and 2 on how to become good at selling and sponsoring (retailing and recruiting).
In the end, building a successful network marketing business is no different than building a successful business of any type. Namely, good service and support regularly and consistently will always result in business growth at any level. So do your Watkins business a favor and raise your personal income from Watkins by focusing on support and service to your downline members at all times.