Since 1868, North American households have come to rely on one company’s cooking and baking products to prepare tasty and delicious family recipes that often go back for several generations. That company is Watkins Incorporated of Winona, Minnesota. From Watkins Cinnamon, Watkins Black Pepper,Watkins All-Spice and numerous other organic seasonings to Watkins Double-Strength Vanilla Extract, Watkins Lemon Extract, Watkins Coconut Extract and many other famous Watkins organic extracts and flavorings, Watkins products are a reliable, proven and high quality staple in kitchen pantries across the United States and Canada.
If you have fond memories of Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners at your mother or grandmother’s house, and you want to invigorate your family’s Thanksgiving or Christmas with the taste, aromas and flavors of yesterday, rekindling the spirit of your childhood years, I can’t think of a better way to “spice up” this your Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday time than by cooking and baking with Watkins products.
You can order Watkins products now by clicking here. Likewise, if you would like to begin earning a great spare time income that can be grown over time to a full-time business of your own, click here to learn more about the Watkins home-business opportunity and how you can begin selling Watkins products in your community.
Do you enjoy cooking and baking? If so, you no doubt have heard of Watkins products — founded in 1868 and manufacturers of the greatest spices and flavorings in the world. Take for example our award winning Double Strenght Vanilla Extract, our fantastic Watkins Cinnamon and Watkins black pepper just to name a few. If you haven’t heard of Watkins, I suggest you consider buying these 3 products for start to learn just how great the quality and flavor is with Watkins kitchen seasonings and flavorings.
Most people think “black pepper is black pepper, how could Watkins or any other brand be any different than another?” Trust me when I say this isn’t true. In the early 1900′s our founder, Mr. J.R. Watkins, invented and developed a special low friction process for grinding pepper beans to make black pepper. Because of his special patiented grinding technique, our manufacturing process doesn’t overheat the essential oils in the pepper bean, making our black pepper taste more vibrant than any on the market. We also don’t grind up pepper leaves and stalks, ensuring our black pepper doesn’t contain fillers like store-bought black pepper. Thus, our black pepper doesn’t make you sneeze. It’s the powdered residue of gound up stalks and leaves that cause people to sneeze when they’re using black pepper. Since we don’t pack our pepper with fillers, we deliver the highest grade of black pepper, not diluted down by fillers, thus providing you that “Wow!” taste the first time and every time you use our product.
The more you use Watkins flavorings and seasonings, the more you’ll come to respect our product quality and be willing to try other Watkins products. If you want to see the full line of Watkins products, visit my Watkins products store now by clicking this link: Shop for Watkins Products here!
Anyone who’s read my story knows I used numerous Watkins products and have been using Watkins products since I was 4 years old. Over the years I’ve come to appreciate many great Watkins products like Watkins Petro-Carbo Salve, Watkins Vanilla and Watkins Cinnamon; but since becoming a Watkins associate (i.e., Watkins dealer), I’ve become an avid user of Watkins Superfood Multiple vitamins, Linimax (which keeps my knees and joints pain free), and Watkins Fruit/Veggie Complex.
I love and use all of the Watkins products I just mentioned, but I purposely chose to write this article about two Watkins products we can’t do without in my household and use every day. One is Watkins Cooking Spray — yes, a cooking spray. Now you might ask “What’s the big deal about a cooking spray?” or “I use a name-brand cooking spray like Pam already, why should I choose Watkins Cooking Spray?” That’s what I thought before I purchased my first can, but now my wife and family members are hooked on this product. We tell everyone we know that it’s not just a cooking spray, but it’s the best dang cooking spray in the world. So why is Watkins Cooking Spray so great? Allow me to share just a few points about this wonderful product:
- Watkins Cooking Spray comes in a large 397 gram can that seems to last forever.
- Seriously, even if you cook at home every day, one can of Watkins Cooking Spray will last more many months, if not a year.
- The can has a highly refined spray tip that puts out the most even spray I’ve ever witnessed on a product of this kind. Just a couple of small spurts can coat an entire skillet.
- I challenge you to spray a skillet with Pam, then spray another skillet of equal size with Watkins Cooking Spray and you’ll see that the Watkins spray will win out every time, given you nicer, cleaner and more even spray pattern that coats the entire skillet with the same volume and level of spray. No more uneven areas or holes like you’ll find with Pam or other cooking spray products.
- Watkins advertises over 1,600 servings from a single can, as each 1/3 second spray only puts out a fraction of a gram.
- Zero calories and zero fat content. (I can’t believe I didn’t make this my first bullet, because this feature alone makes Watkins Cooking Spray the best cooking spray on the market).
- Natural butter flavor (without the fat and without the calories!!!!)
Do yourself and your family a favor and quit using fattening cooking sprays that run out in weeks and add a foul taste to your food. Buy Watkins Cooking Spray now, over 1,600 sprays per can for only $7.99 per can.
The other fantastic Watkins product that we cook with a lot in our household, practically daily because we eat a lot of chicken and fish, is Watkins Citrus Cilantro Grapeseed Oil. This healthy cooking oil product is organic and tastes wonderful. Our all-natural grapeseed oil is lower in saturated fat and higher in unsaturated fats than nearly all other oils. One of the only foods shown to both lower LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and increase HDL (“good”) cholesterol, its antioxidant content makes it not only healthy, but very stable. A high smoke point makes it perfect for grilling or sauteing. Trust me on this one folks, you won’t find a more healthy cooking alternative to cooking oil and certainly not one this tasty. Buy Watkins Citrus Cilantro Grapeseed Oil now!
Get ready for the best darn flavored pound cake you’ve ever tasted. I promise, this recipe is to die for — an unforgettable experience if you’ve never tasted it before. Here’s the famous Watkins recipe for you now.
Five Flavor Cake Recipe
Five Flavor Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups/750 ml sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten until lemon-colored
- 3 cups/750 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 cup/250 ml (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup/125 ml vegetable shortening
- 1 cup/250 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Baking Powder
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Coconut Extract
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Rum Extract
- 1 tsp/5 ml Watkins Butter Extract
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Lemon Extract
- 1 tsp/5 mL Watkins Original Double-Strength Vanilla
Six-Flavor Glaze Ingredients
- 1/2 cup/125 mL sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL water
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Coconut Extract
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Rum Extract
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Butter Extract
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Lemon Extract
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Original Double-Strength Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp/2.5 ml Watkins Almond Extract
Five Flavor Cake
- Cream together the sugar, butter and shortening in a large mixing bowl until the texture is light and fluffy.
- Next, add the eggs and beat until smooth. In small bowl, combine flour and baking powder; mix well and set aside.
- Combine the milk and extracts.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Spoon the completed mixture into a greased 10-inch/25-cm tube (angel food cake) pan.
- Bake at 325°F (165ºC) for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until cake tests done.
- Cool in a pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out of pan onto wire rack and invert again.
- Place waxed paper under rack to catch glaze drippings.
- Slowly spoon the glaze onto top of hot cake and let glaze drizzle down sides of cake.
- Let everything cool completely.
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, while constantly stirring until the sugar dissolves.
Makes 12 Servings.
Note: If you know you’re not going to be able to eat all of the cake soon, cut the cake in 4 pieces and put 3 pieces in separate ziplock bags. You’ll be surprised how fresh the cake will taste, even a month or two later. Watkins extracts hold up really well when food they’re in is placed in the freezer. Simply remove from freezer and thaw completely before eating if you opt to store some in the freezer.