New Watkins associates and prospects alike are always asking me what pointers or advice I can offer that will guarantee their success. Obviously, everyone has their own definition of what “success” means to them, but if we can settle on the definition of success in Watkins as being “getting off to a fast start and growing one’s business each and every month,” then I can offer the following criteria for what it takes to be successful in this business:
- Pick a successful sponsor with good coaching and mentoring skills and give him or her a frank assessment of yourself, describing why you joined Watkins, how you see yourself building your business, how much money you want to make, how quick you need to achieve that level of income, what talents and experience you have and how much time you can devote to your new Watkins business. Then ask him or her to take that input and suggest a plan of action that will best suit your personality, skill sets, experience, talents and time constraints. If your sponsor is worth his or her salt they should get you pointed in the right direction “for you.”
- Don’t toss your sponsor’s suggestions aside or dismiss them altogether. Chances are he or she learned Watkins the hard way, through trial and error, the school of hard knocks, per se. Take advantage of thier experience and follow their advice. Too often I see associates that are headstrong and determined to cut their own path, make their own mark, and fail because they started with a bad plan of action and refused to let it go.
- For quick money, focus on retailing. For big, long-term money don’t keep trading “hours for dollars.” Instead, enjoy the residual income stream of a network marketing company and leverage your time by focusing on sponsoring with a litte retailing blended in to make you a well-rounded team leader. Sponsoring and team-building are definitely the tried and proven way to make a six figure income in this business.
- Do not give up retailing altogether and go sponsoring 100% of the time. It helps your team building achievements immensely if you can demonstrate to your download that you’ve been there, done that, know where you’re coming from when you teach retailing tips.
- Spend some time on your business each and every day, even if for only 10 minutes a day. Slacking off for one day an easily give way to two idle days, then three, etc. Before too long inactivity will be your death knell and you’ll have no business.
- Listen to motivational tapes, audios and watch motivational DVD’s. Most people are not self-motivated, so focus on learning ways to keep yourself motivated and on top of your game.
- Learn all you can about your products and become passionate about them and the positive attributes they can mean to people who need and use them.
- Set goals for yourself each month.
- Ask a friend or fellow associate to become your “accountability partner” and keep them informed of your progress and whether or not you’re achieving your goals. You’ll find it’s much more difficult to make excuses to someone else for inactivity than it is to yourself.
- Pick marketing methods that leverage and optmize your time. Do you want to sell one person at a time, or multiple people at a time? If you’re not a face-to-face person you can achieve this goal by marketing online and by sponsoring, teaching others how to market to multiple prospects at a time.
- Always be honest with your prospects and your customers. Never mislead them. Build a foundation based on honestly and fair-minded principles and you’ll have customers that will remain loyal to you throughout the years.
- Consult with your upline if you’re not growing your business. Good sponsors can usually diagnose your problem quickly and recommend a solution. Follow it!
I could go on easily and name another 10 or 12 steps that will help your achieve success with Watkins, but follow the ones I’ve listed in this article and you’ll quickly move to the front of the line and make your company’s top associate’s list in no time.
There are many options for home-based business these days. Some are good, but most are really bad choices for a variety of reasons. The purpose of this article is to not run down one company or another, but to share with you several reasons for considering Watkins Incorporated as your choice for a home-based business.
I began my Watkins home-based business only 15 months ago and have quickly built a part-time business that will one day grow into a full-time income while working just a few hours per week. What led me to choose Watkins over many home business opportunities I reviewed were the following attributes and personal criteria I seeked in the company I wanted to represent:
- Watkins has an outstanding reputation for producing quality products. The company was founded 141 years ago in 1868.
- Watkins has a strong management team that truly cares about its associates.
- Watkins manufactures a huge line of fantastic products, 350 in all.
- The products Watkins makes are traditional products for the home, family and personal use that every household uses. This is very important, because so many times you see one-product companies and companies that make products that are difficult to sell because no one uses them regularly, or no one has ever heard of them. Watkins makes detergents, window cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, vitamins, diet products, lotions, hand creams, insecticides, natural supplements, and hundreds of other products every American or Canadian uses at home.
- Watkins has an outstanding compensation plan. You can literally begin earning money during your first week in the business.
- Watkins uses a network marketing business model, so you can build a six-figure income in 3 to 5 years if you introduce others to Watkins, as you earn residual income from anyone you introduce to the business, and anyone they sponsor as well.
- Watkins offers a money back guarantee on every product it manufactures. The company is great about standing behind its product line.
- Many families have relatives that have used Watkins products all their entire lives, so you don’t have to waste a lot of time educating your customer base about Watkins.
- Watkins offers all associates an online e-store to sell products online, but also accepts orders by phone or mail as well.
- Watkins has never had a single product recall in its 141-year history. Thus, manufactures all products it makes according to very high standards.
- You do not have to quit your job to begin a Watkins business.
- You can operate a Watkins business under 10 hours per week and still build a successful Watkins business.
- You can pick and choose the hours you work, thus time flexibility is a very valuable asset and reason for joining Watkins.
- Watkins product quality meets such high standards and its products are so good that you won’t have to worry about repeat sales. Watkins customers quickly become Watkins lovers, making repeat orders easy.
- Watkins training, through both Watkins and the Watkins Summit Group, will teach you many ways to market Watkins products.
If you want to learn more about the Watkins home-based business opportunity, click this link.
If you want to look at the Watkins product line, click here.
Watkins Incorporated is 141 years old this year. Almost since the beginning our nation’s oldest manufacturer of remedies and products for the home, family and personal care products has sold products through a network of dealers (now called consultants or associates). These days Watkins offers income from three sources: personal sales, bonuses from sales of others you’ve sponsored and they’ve sponsored, and special bonuses from sponsoring new associates.
In my first 12 months with Watkins I quickly moved through 4 levels of promotion to the level of Manager. I now have 31 associates in my downline and over 100 customers. I’ve never met any of my associates or any of my customers face-to-face. You may find that hard to believe, but my career as a business consultant is very demanding and takes up 60 to 70 hours per week of my time. Thus, what might be more surprising is the fact that I have build my Watkins sales organization and risen to the Manager level solely through online marketing, which was a specialty of mine before joining Watkins.
What are some of my secrets? The secrets that most people don’t know are things I do to gain exposure online and funnel traffic to my WatkinsOnline.com website or to my Watkins associate recruiting website. Secrets that most people already know, but don’t practice are the same reasons most people are not successful in any business venture they try. The traits that I exhibit, and habits I try to practice, that have been very important in building a successful Watkins home-based business, are as follows:
- I treat my business as if it were a franchise that cost me a million dollars. By that, I mean I do something proactive for my business daily, even if its only 10 minutes a day. Since it only costs $39.95 to become a Watkins associate, some people join but don’t feel motivated to succeed. I point out to them that Watkins gives you an imaginary car that can take you down the road to success, but neither Watkins nor me will drive the car down the road to financial freedom for you. You will have to lift a finger, you will have to set aside time in your schedule to do something proactive for your business every day. To me, that’s a no-brainer, but too many people these days want things for free. Everyone’s looking for a get rich quick scheme. These are the people that go through life spending hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars on one moneymaking plan after another, never comprehending that the person selling the plan is really making all of their money selling the plan, not executing the plan.
- I try to follow up every inquiry I receive about Watkins promptly.
- I regularly communicate with associates in my downline.
- I try to answer all questions from associates as quickly as possible.
- I take pride in developing close relationships with the associates in my downline.
- I follow the “Golden Rule” in everything I do in and out of business.
If you would like to learn more about how I’ve been able to build my Watkins business so quickly, please download my free ebook, Work From Home Goldmine, today.
Recently I cited 10 great reasons for starting a home-based Watkins products business. Today I would like to make the case for Watkins in a somewhat different manner. Specifically, I would like to take a common sense approach to explaining why Watkins is not only an excellent home-based business opportunity for anyone, but is also the right business opportunity for you now. I feel strongly about this statement, regardless your career, background or level of experience and education.
Let’s Face it, These Are Tough Economic Times
Regardless how bright or promising your current financial situation might be at this time, it is always wise to step back and evaluate your life and determine if there is anyway to protect or improve your current financial situation without quitting your job or career. One way to do this is to start a business of your own that can be run part-time, allowing you to continue earning income from your current job, while building the income levels derived from your new business startup.
The Case for Starting a Business Part-Time
The Watkins home-based business opportunity can indeed be a full-time business opportunity if you are currently unemployed, retired, disabled, a stay-at-home mom, etc. However, it is designed to start as a part-time business that one can grow from a part-time income to a full-time income over a few short years (e.g., 3 to 7).
You can actually run a successful Watkins business and continously build your Watkins business, working just 7 to 10 hours per week. I know, because I’ve been able to do just that. How fast you are able to grow your Watkins business and how much money you make will be determined by how successful you are at selling Watkins products and sponsoring new Watkins associates.
During the worst economic recession our nation has seen since the Great Depression, I’ve been able to continuously build my Watkins sales organization, adding new associates each month and growing my income level from Watkins each month. In my current career as a business consultant I work 60 to 70 hours per week. One would think that I would not have time available to start a part-time business. Yet, I’ve been able to devote 7 to 10 hours per week to my Watkins business and in the course of 12 months rise through 4 levels with Watkins.
If you have doubts about keeping your current job, whether you will become a victim of the current economic crisis, see the need to help contribute income for your family while you continue to stay home and raise the children, are disabled and can no longer perform the tasks required of your former career, or simply don’t like the career path you’ve chosen; I’m happy to say that you can do something about it now. By becoming a Watkins associate you can begin building your own home-based business. Working at it a few minutes to a few hours each day you can, over time, build a very large Watkins sales organization and make the kind of money you’ve always dreamed of making.
But let’s forget about Watkins for a few minutes and consider what basic points you would look for in a home business. Ones I see as important are:
- Your business would need product to sell, for you don’t have time or money perhaps to manufacture the product or service you would sell. This implies selling products made by a third-party — i.e., your supplier.
- You would want a supplier with an impeccable reputation.
- You would want quality products that consumers need and use, but most importantly, products that people still have to buy in a recession.
- You would want a good compensation plan, one that would make starting this business worthwhile.
- You would want a supplier that would back its products up with a money back guarantee.
- You would want a supplier you feel will be with you through thick and thin, for the long haul.
- You would want a business with flexible hours, so you could work at it when you have time or want to, but still fit work or play, time with your family, into your schedule.
- You would not want to take a huge financial risk in starting this business, thus the cost of getting into this new part-time venture should be reasonable.
- Since the business would be new to you and maybe very different from anything you’ve ever tried, you would want good mentoring and coaching.
- You would want a business that offers great upside potential, so that if you turned out liking it more than your current job, you would be able to grow your income derived from your part-time business to a full-time income level.
When looking at any part-time business opportunity and considering each of these ten points, you quickly come to realize that its difficult to find a work-at-home business that can fulfill all of these objectives. But you don’t have to look, because Watkins has been meeting these objectives for Watkins reprensentatives since 1868. That’s 141 years!
The company has an excellent reputation, manufactures 350 different products for the home and personal use. Many of the products in its line are recession proof (i.e., laundry detergent, diswashing liquid, cooking oils, kitchen seasonings, cooking extracts, flavorings, toilet bowl cleaner, soaps, etc.). Why? Because even during a recession people still have to eat to survive, they still need to cook to save money and they still need to keep a clean house.
Watkins has an excellent reputation and has offered a money back guarantee on every product it manufactures ever since Mr. J.R. Watkins founded the firm in 1868. You sales boundaries are the borders of North America. I have associates throughout Canada and the United States. You can sell product online or offline. In fact, Watkins even gives you a free e-Store to accept orders online.
You can market and sell Watkins through many methods: home parties, catalog distribution, craft show sales, festival sales, church bazaar sales, Internet sales, non-profit sales, trade show sales, etc.
You can grow your business two ways, through personal sales and through growth of your downline sales organization, as you can earn bonuses from the sale of Watkins products by other associates you sponsor, and associates they sponsor, and so on.
By starting a part-time Watkins business now, you can build a safety net for yourself, an insurance policy so to speak, in case you ever lose or quit your job later on down the road. But keep in mind that Watkins is not a get rich quick scheme. You’re not going to replace the income derived from your full-time job in a course of weeks or months if you’re working the business part-time, for it takes time to develop your customer base and time to expand your Watkins sales organization. But many before you have joined Watkins and built up a full-time income from themselves in a few short years.
To learn more about becoming a Watkins associate and starting a Watkins home-based business, click here.